We offer a programme of child development checks and immunisations with the help of the Health Visitors.
We offer a number of nurse led clinics for the follow up of several chronic diseases. Our aim is that anyone with these conditions will be seen at least once a year in such a clinic to allow a comprehensive review of their condition.
Heart attack, Angina, Heart Failure and High Blood Pressure
Chronic Bronchitis, Emphysema and Asthma
Many of our Nurses are trained to offer advice on Contraception. Several doctors can fit Intra Uterine Devices (IUDs) such as coils.
Runs fortnightly clinics at the surgery.
First Community Health provides the District Nursing Service. If you need a service provided by the District Nurse please contact reception.
We work closely with the team of MacMillan Nurses and District Nurses to provide care for patients with terminal illness.
We run Minor Operations clinics on Tuesday Mornings.
The Aims of the Nurse Practitioner Service are:
- To provide a “same day” appointment for patients seeking urgent non life threatening treatment.
- More choice for patient’s thus increasing patient satisfaction.
- Ensures patients receive appropriate access to treatment.
- Patients ringing the surgery for an on the day appointment will be routinely offered an appointment with the Nurse Practitioner.
- The receptionist may ask the nature of the illness to ensure the patients sees the appropriate healthcare professional.
- The Nurse Practitioner is able to prescribe. We will be monitoring demand for these appointments.
- Feedback is most welcome.
Bone, joint or muscle pain..?
Speak to our Practice First Contact Physiotherapist
Your First Contact Physiotherapist will
- Assess you and diagnose what’s happening
- Give expert advice on how best to manage your condition
- Refer you on to specialist services if necessary.